● Green Sand. SAFE to environment compared with silica (silicosis) and zircon sand
● High refractoriness (＞1800°C)，can be used for casting various materials. There is also no need to use different sand type according to material.
● High reclamation rate. Both Thermal and mechanical reclamation. Offers longer work life and reduction of sand usage.
● High collapsibility. Sintered Ceramic sand spherical shape compared with angular shaped grains allows for easier separation from cast parts and improved collapsibility resulting in lower scrap and casting efficiency.
● Excellent fluidity and filling efficiency owing to being spherical.
● Lower Thermal expansion and Thermal Conductivity. Casting dimensions are more accurate and lower conductivity provides better mold performance.
● Lower bulk density. As artificial ceramic sand is about half as light as fused ceramic sand(black ball sand), zircon and chromite, it can turn out about twice the number of molds per unit weight. It can also be handled very easily, saving labor and transfer power costs. However, attention should be given to the amount of binder addition.
● Requires 40-50% less resin.
● Castings are coated with little or no coating.
● Can be used as a single sand.
● Stable supply. Annual capacity 200,000 MT to keep the fast and stable supply.
As a neutral material, KAIST ceramic sand is applicable to acid and alkali resins.
It can be widely used for cast iron, cast steel and nonferrous metals casting, such as lost foam casting, coated sand, resin sand, cold core box, precision casting, and 3D printing.
The particle size distribution can be customized according your requirement.